Shirley is a member of The Flock lead by Shaun. She is by far the biggest sheep of the flock, and she sports a ferocious appetite. Although Shirley has what to many is an intimidating appearance, she has been shown to be a very caring sheep, who always stays at the side of the flock. She plays a predominant role in the series, Appearing in the majority of episodes and even being named in the Series 6 trailer.
Shirley has been shown to be fond of Timmy, and she fiercely protects him from danger, such as whenever The Fox tries to kidnap him.
Shirley is by far the biggest member of The Flock, being roughly 4 times the size of the average size of her fellow sheep. Due to her size, Shirley does not move as much as her flock-mates. She can usually be spotted on the fields on the farm she and the rest of the flock calls their home, eating anything that comes in her path.
In addition to being a big sheep, she has been shown to act as a storage facility, as her wool is frequently used by the other sheep to hide their belongings that they wish for no one else to find.
Shirley is known for having a ferocious appetite and naive + too rebellious behavior. Despite those however, Shirley has been shown to be a caring, and loyal sheep at times, who always steps up to help her allies, friends, and family. She has shown a particular fondness towards Timmy (although occasionally interacts with him), and she fiercely protects him in times of danger.
Shaun the Sheep
Shirley is a recurring character in the series. Occasionally, she is the main character of the show next to Shaun, and frequently helps Shaun and the rest of the flock in their antics. Because of her huge size she is usually seen being used as an object (Such as when is used as a trampoline), or when her raw strength is required to pull off more difficult tasks. She mostly lives a peaceful life, preferring to eat and enjoy life, rather than actively seek out trouble like Shaun does.
She is shown to keep a watch on Timmy, and occasionally interferes to protect him when needed.
Shaun the Sheep: The Farmer's Llamas
Shaun the Sheep Movie
A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon
Shirley is shown to be very fond of Timmy, although no biological relation between the two has been shown to exist. Shirley has been shown to try to play with Timmy, but her sheer size and weight makes this difficult. She is fiercely protective of the lamb, and even protected him from The Fox without blinking.
- Main article: Shirley/Gallery
- Due to her size, Shirley very rarely walks on her hind legs. As such, instances of her using her hands for anything are far and in-between.
- In "Shape Up With Shaun", Shirley is briefly slimmed down by Shaun's extensive exercise regiment. During this time, she appears very similar to Shaun in build and appearance, although she retains her deep baritone voice despite the weight loss.
- In "Buzz Off Bees", she was first stung by the bees and in another episode in Series 4, "The Spider", she was afraid of a spider and screamed because of the spider in her front right hoof.
- In Party Animals, the Farmer mistakes her for a human girl in a sheep suit. He flirted with her and tried to woo her. When Shaun's mask fell off revealing his face to the farmer, Shirley kissed the farmer to make him forget about it.
- In "Saturday Night Shaun", during the end, she eats a music player, making the flock want to dance.
- As seen in Weighlifting, one of the Championsheeps episode, we see that Shaun had to lift a weight that had Shirley on one side and two other sheep on the other side. As told above, Shirley weighs 26 bricks, which made the two sheep on the other side also weigh 26 bricks if the weight is balanced. Therefore, each sheep, except Shaun, Timmy and Shirley, weighs around 13 bricks.
- Despite her voice sounding like a male, Shirley is actually female.